|Click Here for Catalog Page of Amino Acid & Botanical Supply||
a m i n o a
c i d
s u p p l e m e n t
|Exceptional Products, Exceptional Information|
|Click on Links Below to Read Green-Lipped Mussel Information||
Library of Links
Amino Acid & Botanical Supply's Glycomarine Green-Lipped Mussel Extract
Extract 500mg capsules - 60 count
This is 100% GLYCOMARINE
Amino Acid & Botanical Supply GlycomarineTM Green-Lipped Mussel Extract is one of the best-researched food supplements with natural anti-inflammatory effects that has ever entered the natural remedy market.1 For over 30 years a large body of independent laboratory and clinical research has been accumulating on Amino Acid & Botanical Supply’s GlycomarineTM Green-Lipped Mussel Extract with respect to both its efficacy and mode of action. Not only is Amino Acid & Botanical Supply’s GlycomarineTM Green-Lipped Mussel Extract safe and effective, but also it protects the stomach from the ulcerative effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatorys (NSAIDS). This gastro protective effect is particularly relevant, because many arthritis sufferers take NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatorys), as well as using Amino Acid & Botanical Supply GlycomarineTM Green-Lipped Mussel Extract as a food supplement.
Amino Acid & Botanical Supply’s GlycomarineTM Green-Lipped Mussel
What is Amino Acid & Botanical Supply GlycomarineTM? The Green-Lipped Mussel used in this product is Glycomarine™. Glycomarine™ is a proprietary glycogen complex extracted from the New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus) & is the material used in all of the important clinical studies done in the last 30 years that have demonstrated the nutritional benefits of Green-Lipped Mussel. THIS PRODUCT IS 100% GLYCOMARINE™ While there have been Green-Lipped Mussel supplements available for over 20 years, they have been made from first dried (which is to say dead), then frozen material. Green-Lipped Mussels are shellfish. In order to obtain the benefits of Green-Lipped Mussel it is necessary to process them while still alive. Just as the best way to eat Oysters & Clams is to open them while still alive. Amino Acid & Botanical Supply can provide you with the reference data below:
1. Winter CA, Risley E.A. & Nuss G.W., Carrageenin Induced Oedema in Hind Paw of the Rat as an Assay for Anti-inflammatory Drugs. Proc. Soc. Exp Biol. Med. 111:544-547 (1962).
2. Ormrod D. & Miller TE, Assessment of Anti-inflammatory Agents Using 1251 Labeled Human Serum Albumin to Quantify Footpad Oedema Volume in the Rat Pharm Res, 8: 1270-1273 (1991).
Published Scientific Papers
1. Gibson RU, Gibson S.L.M., Conway V & Chappell D.
Perna Canaliculus in the treatment of Arthritis. The Practitioner, 224, 995-999, (1980).
2. Rainsford K.D. & Whitehouse M.W. Gastro-protective andAnti-inflammatory Properties of Green Lipped Mussel(Perna canaliculus) Preparation. Arzneirn-Forsch. Drug
Research, 30(11), 2128-2132, (1980).
3. Miller TE & Ormrod D. The Anti-inflammatory Activity of Perna Canaliculus (NZ green lipped mussel). New Zealand Medical Journal, 667, 187-193 (1980).
4. Couch RAF, Ormrod D, Miller it, & Watkins WB. Anti-inflammatory Activity in Fractionated Extracts of the Green-Lipped Mussel New Zealand Medical Journal, 720, 803-806 (1982).
5. Miller it & Wu H. In Vivo Evidence for Prostaglandin inhibitory Activity in New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel Extract New Zealand Medical Journal, 755, 355-357 (1984).
6. Billard H. Extract of Perna Canaliculus (New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel) in Rheumatology. La Gazette Medicale, 92(7), 1-5, 1985.
7. Audeval B, & Bouchacourt P; Double blind, placebo controlled study of the Mussel Perna Canaliculus (New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel) in Gonarthritis (arthritis of the knee).
8. La Gazette Medicale, 93 (38), 1986. & Kosuge T, Tsuji K, lshida H, & Yamaguchi 1. Isolation of an Anti-histamine Substance from Green-Lipped Mussel (Perna Canaliculus). Chem. Pharm. Bull, 34,4825-4828, 1986.
9. Miller TE, Dodd J., Ormrod D, & Geddes R. Anti-inflammatory Activity of Glycogen Extracted from Perna canaliculus (NZ Green-Lipped Mussel). Agents and actions, 38, C139-C142, 1993.
10. Ormrod D, Dodd JR, Geddes R & Miller TE.
11. Demonstration and Characterization of anti-inflammatory activity in a carbohydrate (glycogen) extract of the New Zealand green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus).
12. Proceedings of the 8th International Congress of the European Association for Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Blackwell Scientific Publications, p160, 1994.
Commissioned Scientific Papers
1. Daum A, Roche Pharmaceuticals, The influence of Amino Acid & Botanical Supply’s Glycomarine Green-Lipped Mussel Extract (RU 49-0282/1 00), and Fractions of Amino Acid & Botanical Supply’s Glycomarinetm’ Green-Lipped Mussel Extract on the Established Adjuvant Arthritis of the Rat.
2. Miller TE, Ormrod D & Findon U, Department of
3. Medicine, University of Auckland. Evaluation of the Effect of Administration on Cell-Mediated immune Mechanisms Determined Using in Vitro and in Vivo Analysis of T Lymphocyte Function.
Recent Research Not Yet Published
1. Horimitsu O, Michio F, Tomoyuki O, Nobuyuki K; (Division of Veterinary Radiology, Nippon Veterinary and Animal Science University) and Kenjiro S. Clinical Effects of the extract of the New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel on Dogs and Cats with Joint Diseases. Research was conducted from September 1, 1997 - July 31, 1998 in veterinaries in the Tokyo district.
Pollard B, Slacek B, Ankenbauer-Perkins K; Animal Health Services Centre, Massey University, Palmerstown North, New Zealand. Final Report of the Efficacy of Green-Lipped Mussel Extract in the Management of Degenerative Joint Disease in Dogs. Conducted 4 June 1997 - 12 October 1999